92% of businesses surveyed don't think people know enough about them.
Does your business get enough online exposure? Do people in your industry and marketplace really know who you are, what you’re selling, what makes your products or services different from the competition? Do they understand how you can help them with your products and services?
Telling your story through content – "rich" profiles
Working with CVWebPosse, I launched a “rich” profile service in 2014. The target market was Posse membership: tech and web-related businesses in our region. Sadly, CVWebPosse recently closed it's doors (for personal reasons – read about it here). However, many of us are committed to building on what the Posse started.
We're doing this because there's a need. We've gota regional economic and business development vacuum: no one is marketing our sector. We're rich with talent and resources, products and services, that we want to sell to the region, and to the world. We figure it’s time we – those of us involved in the sector – simply did it ourselves. If your business needs marketing support, look at what we’re doing.
- Mastermynde is a marketing and SEO business founded by Leif Jason. See the Mastermynde featured rich profile here.
- IanAdams.ca/DoneCreative is an illustration and design company founded by Ian Adams in the Comox Valley. See the Ian Adams/DoneCreative rich profile here.
- EcoPeak Strategy is an online marketing and strategy service founded by Sean Kerrigan. See the EcoPeak rich profile here.
- Island Telemetrics is an innovative technology company combining remote sensors, cloud computing, and real-time data collection to industry and government. See the Island Telemetrics rich profile here.
- Your business can featured here too. Contact me to make it happen!
OUR GOAL, AND HOW WE’RE GOING TO MEET IT
Our goal with the profiles is to create content – online “presence” – for your business, together with others in our sector. This will attract clients, investors, and talent to your business – and to our region. We doing this by creating “content” about the region’s tech/web sector. Our profiles about regional tech/web businesses are focusing on 3 basic questions:
- Who are you and what is your business?
- What makes your business or service unique?
- Who is your target market?
Profiles were originally posted to the CVWebPosse website. In the interim, they're hosted at WeAreYQQ.ca, a side project about supporting regional talents and businesses. As well as the company of other businesses online, your business receives a link to the post, and your profile post is circulated via social media channels at hanspetermeyer.ca and WeAreYQQ.ca.
More importantly for your business, this content belongs to you. Use it! Here's how:
- Embed the videos on your website and blog.
- Publish to your social media sites.
- Use the text as the basis for press releases.
Profiles are the start of a content marketing campaign for your bsi will also provide material for print and online promotions and articles (planned).
Prices for profiles start at $750. This includes up to 3 video interviews, 500-1000 words, and some basic PR service (publishing to various social media services, etc). Additional content marketing services can be arranged with me. See my rates and packages here (I'm offering a 20% discount to members of the original CVWebPosse or QBWorkstation in Qualicum for 3 month subscription to one of my basic content marketing packages – please mention your connection to either CVWebPosse or QBWorkstation!).
WE’RE BUILDING SOMETHING GOOD HERE
When we started the project it was our belief that tech and web-sector businesses represent an important part of the economic future of our region. That's why Nanaimo Economic Development is investing in the downtown SquareOne project. Telling the story of your business is how we're doing that as a grassroots project. These profiles let others know more about what the tech / web sector is achieving. The more businesses profiled at WeAreYQQ.ca, the stronger and more impressive the presence of our sector and community online. We look forward to seeing your story online.
DISCOUNTS FOR EARLY ADOPTERS
Thanks to all of you who signed on for the “early adopters” plan. That promotion is over and we're now into regular pricing.
This was originally published at CVWebPosse.com on January 29, 2014 at http://j.mp/PROFILEcvwp. It has been revised with current information and content.